> > > ---  "Jason" <jedi_spock@> wrote:
> [...]
> > > >
> > ---  "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> > >
> > > IMHO, this Observer is both within and outside this universe.  This could
> > > be the scenario if the multiverse theory is ever proved.
>
> ---  "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >
> > Not really, the multiverse wouldn't have formed until the first
> > definite particles appeared about 3 mins after the big bang. It
> > was all a bit chaotic before that, all the forces unified - that
> > sort of thing, so any observer wouldn't have existed either.
> >

> ---  "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:
>
> You don't understand the Multiverse theories. Assuming an infinite universe,
> there are an infinite number of exact copies of our own universe, as well as
> an infinite number of slightly "off" copies as well as an infinite number of
> radically different universes, all existing simultaneously *somewhere* in
> THIS universe. The problem is that "universe" has two distinct meanings in
> the above sentence:
>
> our "universe," and others like it, are local, but extremely large (by our
> standards) conglomerations of space-time in a certain configuration, which we
> believe came about after/due-to something called "the Big Bang."
>
> The "Type I Metaverse" is merely the infinite expanse of space-time in which
> all "local" universes happen to exist.
>

> And "observer," in Hagelin's cosmology, is anything that collapses the wave
> function, not just some cosmic uber-entity. Now, Hagelin likely believes, as
> do I, that there is an emergent property of the totality of these observers
> throughout any and all of the metaverses that has its own consciousness, but
> what that is like  is impossible to say.
>
> L.

It cannot be an infinite expanse of space-time because we
know the local universe was tiny at the start of the
big-bang and is still inflating.  The expansion might
eventually rip and disintegrate the local universe.

The local universe itself probably behaves like a quantum
particle that is existing in many states simultaneously.

Some scientists say 'dark matter' is particles hidden in the
fourth spatial dimension and is excerting some influence in
our 3-d space.

There has to be a regression of observers going all the way
back to this cosmic-uber entity.  If you are an onserver,
then who is observing you?