'As the devotee makes progress in devotion need of subtler devices
increases and a veteran guru alone can show the real path.
If fortunately one gets a noble guru well verses in the Vedas and
having deep knowledge of Brahman and receives his cooperation till
end, only one guru makes one's life meaningful. Otherwise so long the
devotee does not attain God he should gradually go in the protection
of great gurus. One must revere previous gurus, but if they are not
helping in spiritual attainment wasting life by depending upon them
out of hesitation is a grave error.' Guru Dev quote from previously
mentioned booklet.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Premanand Paul Mason"