On 8/26/05 2:18 AM, "TurquoiseB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What ever happened to "different strokes
> for different folks?"  And what about those seekers who
> are not in any way turned on by guru yoga, for whom it
> such a process is completely contrary to their predilection?

Then it's not for them, however it's important to point out what I mean by
"guru yoga" may not be what you think I mean. I am not referring to "guru
worship" or "guru adulation" but the process of being the guru yourself.
Generally there are outer, inner, secret and super-secret aspects of
unification with the guru (where the word "secret" means "self-secret").

> "Should" they be forced to submit to a process that is
> not in line with what activates higher perceptions for
> them, or might they be happier with an "uncertified"
> teacher from a tradition that doesn't believe in "gurus?"

Different gurus for different people. Some siddhas had non-human gurus from
other dimensions. There was one siddha whose guru was his dog. The
possibilities are truly endless. One of the guru-yogas I use is for a master
from the Treta yuga. Now this human no longer manifests a form in the
physical dimension, but sure enough this process and method specific to his
teaching taps you into that stream of consciousness. It's like he never
"died" and it's also like nudging that own aspect of the teaching inside
into awake mode.