> feste wrote:
>
> What you say won't make any difference.
>

> My reply:
> I understand what you mean and I so much appreciate your kindness towards
> me.  That's how I perceive it, as kindness and caring.
>
> The thing is, sharing my thoughts does make a difference, a huge
> difference.  It makes a huge difference to me.  It's important to me that I
> share my experience of someone, in this case Dr. Nader, even if it doesn't
> change someone else's opinion.  That's not my main purpose.  My main
> purpose is to be true to my own experience and to express that if expression
> seems like the right thing to do.  In this case it does.  Not that Dr.
> Nader needs me to defend him.  His own good heartedness and sattva or
> integrity, IMO, will make him invincible in the only way we humans can be.
> Through the power of love.  He's very human is Dr. Nader.  I wish more
> people could know such goodness.
>
> Oy, am I sounding like a TB?  In this case, I'll take that as a compliment
> (-:

No, Share, you don't sound like a TB at all, you sound very reasonable, and I
thank you for your input. You seem to be a very lovable person, who has both
feet on the ground.

What I say is just my impression, as an outsider so to say, it is not to dump
Tony Nader. Actually, I had a similar impression like you had, at about the
only occasion I saw him, at Maharishis funeral in India. Of all the people of
the higher ups in TM, he made the best impression.

At the time when the video came out, I was in India, I was lurking of and on at
FFL, and saw some post that he has 'adopted' his civil name, and put the crown
down. I didn't see the video, as I had only a very slow Internet connection
there, through my phone, enough to do emails and look at websites, but not
sufficient for streaming.

I also liked the fact, that he goes out to do lectures, something that I have
suggested here previously, because I think that this is what a leader has to
do, seek connection to the base, and not live in an Ivory tower, in Vlodrop or
Fairfield or wherever.

And I am glad 800 people showed up in Chicago, even though I suppose many
probably came from Fairfield to see him. I didn't know it was geared to the
Indo American community, but it makes a lot of sense, as the Ramayana is really
THEIR scripture, for them to attend to a seminary on the Ramayana would almost
be a religious observance. In India typically there are so-called Rama Kathas,
where the Ramayana is being recited over a period of several days, interspersed
with devotional songs, expositions and commentary by a story-teller.
(http://www.iiramii.net/index.html)

OTOH people would rather expect some devotional singing and expositions at such
events. The Ramayana is after all a story, a story that touches the heart and
is geared to evoke religious feelings, provide explanations of religious rules
and so on. It's supposed to explain the whole Hinduism to the people. I cannot
imagine that a sort of quasi/pseudo scientific connection made with
physiological parts in the body would really be of so much interest. It
certainly doesn't work for the non-believer, because it is honestly pseudo
science, probably totally uninteresting for non Indians/Hindus and for the
believers it seems to be superfluous. It could be of some interest to people of
the Indian middle class, who are on the fringe, who have lost a little bit the
connection to their tradition, and are looking to reconcile a scientific model
with religion. That's about the only audience I can imagine, except for TB
TMers.

In that sense, I don't think that Tony Naders tour is really having any type of
big impact. Maybe I am a little bit disappointed, because I was imagining, that
there could be an effort to rejuvenate the TM movement. If you look at Youtube,
you see that by far the most clicks has 'Meeting MMY', not the lectures on
Ramayana. Second in line is 'Wholeness', again not related to the Ramayana, but
probably more related to the topic of enlightenment.

So, when I saw his video on Maharishi, I was naturally disappointed, as you
would expect a little bit more of personal insight, and maybe some juicy story.
This is the person, you think, Maharishi appointed as a quasi successor, at
least for the west, he weighted him in gold, he must have spend a lot of time
with him, having deep personal insights, and then, in the video you get
something like a groupie view on Maharishi, how he was in awe when he saw him
first, and that it is really like transcending etc.

If Tony is ever to take fully charge of the movement, he has to establish
himself as a leader, someone who has the courage to make changes in the
movement, someone who can unite the different directions in the movement,
possibly can integrate some people back into the movement. For that, if he ever
wanted to do it, he has to do something more. Otherwise you can look at the TMO
in 10 or 20 years, when the current generation is almost completely out, and
tell me what will be left of the movement. And I can attest to Feste, that he
will be done with anti TMers by then, but also with TMers.