In a message dated 8/27/05 9:02:33 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>  Agreed. They won't say anything other than to call him
> > a  moron!
>
> The adminstration doesn't dare even do that.
> Robertson  controls too many votes.
>
> Some seem top forget, Bush isn't running again. And the
> administration immediately took steps to distance themselves from
> Robertson's'  comments.

Um, and some seem to forget there are congressional
elections in 2006, and that the Republicans will be
running someone for president in 2008.  The Repubs
depend on the vote of the Christian right.

Plus which, the administration's "distancing" was
awfully tepid.  They said Robertson's remarks were
"inappropriate" and denied having plans to assassinate
Chavez (duh), but nobody came out and condemned
Robertson for what he said.

I predict that Robertson's comments will have virtually no effect on ANY elections in the future. And what would the point be in saying anything other than his comments were inappropriate and there are no plans for assassination of anybody? Certainly you wouldn't think Robertson would tell his "flock" to hold back their votes so the democrats could win. Maybe you can tell me when the last time a Democrat Party leader chastised a liberal for making a stupid remark.