Sounds like "accumulated kapha" to me. I assume however you have tried
or investigated Ayurveda for weight relief?  Sometimes it can be a bit
tricky especially if you are pitta/kapha because the prime stimulator
which is pungent taste can aggravate pitta if not careful.  Also if
diabetes doesn't run in your family you are unlikely to develop it and
if you do easily reversed.

And remember in a famine the obese will survive.  Skinny minis not so
much. ;-)