> It's been an interesting few days here at Fairfield Life Junior High
> School. First some guy tried to stand up to the leader of my clique, as
> if he not only didn't care what She thought of him (imagine!), he also
> didn't care whether She'd give him strokes for agreeing with her (the
> idiot!). Of course She had to try to shout him down, but She got so
> caught up in it (understandable, of course!) that She wound up talking
> in class too much trying to put him down, and got suspended for a week.
>
> I thought I was gonna die. I mean, what can you do when the person you
> depend on to fight your battles for you and put down the people She
> tells you to dislike isn't around any more? It was awful, like some kind
> of test (and you know how I hate tests!). It was like we were left on
> our own to try to figure out who to hate without Her here to tell us and
> to give us strokes when we ranked on them.
>
> But it was only a one-week suspension, so I did the same thing that the
> other girls in the clique (and the four guys, who are so catty that
> they're almost honorary members of the clique!), and played "pile on" to
> Her standard enemies. And that worked, to some extent. Every time I did
> that, one or more of the other members of the clique would pat me on the
> back and tell me nice things about myself. It was almost like still
> having Her around, and I was groovin' on all the attention I was
> getting.
>
> Some of us even managed to do what She no longer can, and got one or
> more of the enemies to respond to our bullying, one on one, and give us
> *their* attention. It felt GOOD to get their attention, and to feed on
> it, just as She always said it would.
>
> And of course it paid off, because when She came back from her week of
> detention, She's been giving us attention and praising us and patting us
> on the back for Doing The Right Thing, just as we knew She would. It's
> been a pity that She can't get any of Her enemies to respond to Her any
> more, because we like it best when our champion "gets" them with her
> witty putdowns in the hallways of the school, in front of the lurker
> students who aren't cool enough to be members of our clique but like to
> watch the fighting anyway.
>
> But one of the almost-members-of-the-clique guys figured out how to get
> at least one of Her enemies to respond to him, by insulting one of Her
> enemies who moved to another school. It was kind of a pussy move for a
> guy, ragging on someone who hasn't been around for months and who isn't
> around to defend herself, but it worked. He got praised by She Who
> Counts for doing it, and it gave Her the opportunity to put down that
> person again, so almost-clique-member guy got all sorts of strokes for
> it.
>
> It worked so well, in fact, that I'm thinking of doing the same thing
> myself. I'll think of something nasty to say about one of the other kids
> [...]

RESPONSE: Double-irony. Suppose your premise (as a FFL reader) is: This person
really believes in what he or she has said here. (This is a natural assumption.)

But if you read this post within this understanding, then, perhaps without
knowing this consciously, you realize that in attacking various persons here on
FFL, this poster is open *to the possibility* at least, of there being another
point of view about this matter which would argue against this poster's point
of view.

But not only does this person write as if that other potentially contradicting
point of view does not exist, *even the very point of view that is being
expressed here* is no real point of view at all. Because it risks nothing at
the level of the heart, it risks nothing at the level of where we are all of us
human beings who must register the pain and glory of existing in this universe.

This poster makes Letterman seem as if he's singing "Jesus loves me this I
know".

If you examine the personal subjectivity behind this post, it seems it could
have been written by a computer named Misanthrope.

I say it once again: this poster does not reveal a scintilla of evidence that
he or she really is willing to become vulnerable to the truth of what he or she
has just said.

And if someone attempts to point this out (others have) this poster deploys an
extraordinary intention: Act as if the counter-post does not exist. And never
existed. Then post on some completely different topic *immediately after the
counter-post is there for everyone to see*.

Watch for that post. It's coming.

By the way, I too think that authfriend is a vampire-sucking, grumpy, shameless
bitch—and I wish she would stop bringing such grief and suffering to the
understandably delicate sensibilities of the poster who has—so magnificently
and nobly—allegorically told us the truth about the real source of evil on this
forum.