 From: azgrey <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:34 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] An Open Letter To Robin Vol. 2

Half of me was reluctant to write this letter out of concern that Robin may be
one of those people who say flighty things for the sole purpose of gaining
attention. But given Robin's track record, I have concluded that we must tell
the truth no matter who doesn't like it, so I've decided to proceed. As you
read this letter, bear in mind that there are many points of general
dissatisfaction and dispute that should not, on any account, be overlooked in
the discussion of the subjects here presented. One of these is that I am hurt,
furious, and embarrassed. Why am I hurt? Because too many disagreeable bullies
out there are looking for the quick and easy fix, for a great savior who will
make it all right again so they can go back to sleep. They gather at the foot
of the mount to herald the coming of Robin and neglect to notice that conclaves
of Robin's habitués have all the dissent found in a North Korean communist
party meeting. That's why no one there will
 ever admit that there are lessons to be learned from history. To say anything
else would be a lie. Why am I furious? Because I, hardheaded cynic that I am,
frequently wish to tell him that his attendants are delighted with the
potential for violent confrontation. But being a generally genteel person,
however, I always bite my tongue. And why am I embarrassed? Because Robin's
occasional demonstrations of benevolence are not genuine. Nor are his promises.
In fact, Robin has, on a number of occasions, expressed a desire to
reconstitute society on the basis of arrested development and envious
malevolence. On all of these occasions I submitted to the advice of my friends,
who assured me that you might say, "He is off his rocker." Fine, I agree. But
he has a glib proficiency with words and very sensitive nostrils. Robin can
smell money in your pocket from a block away. Once that delicious aroma reaches
his nostrils, he'll start talking about the joy of
 Leninism and how his gestapo consists entirely of lovable, cuddly people who
would never dream of deflecting attention from his unwillingness to support
policies that benefit the average citizen. As you listen to Robin's sing-song,
chances are you won't even notice his hand as it goes into your pocket. Only
later, after you realize you've been robbed, will you truly understand that his
compatriots in Stalinism can read some crock of stubborn, temerarious drivel he
once wrote and believe that they've read something really profound. Now that
that's cleared up, I'll continue with what I was saying before, that he must
have some sort of problem with reading comprehension. That's the only
explanation I can come up with as to why he accuses me of admitting that
embracing a system of jujuism will make everything right with the world. What I
actually said is that Robin uses obscure words like "macracanthrorhynchiasis"
and "chronocinematography" to conceal his
 agenda to trivialize the issue. I find that having to process phrases with
long words like those makes me feel hoodwinked, inferior, definitely
frustrated, and angry. That's why I strive for utmost clarity whenever I
explain to others that Robin's appeal to Marxism is dangerous stuff. For that
reason, some malicious recidivists actually avouch that a knowledge of correct
diction, even if unused, evinces a superiority that covers cowardice or
stupidity. This is the kind of muddled thinking that he is encouraging with his
criticisms. Even worse, all those who raise their voice against this
brainwashing campaign are denounced as shambolic, gormless rabiators.

Robin's associates mistake incoherence for sense and think profound anything
that is out-of-touch or lewd. That should serve as the final, ultimate,
irrefutable proof that I have grown tired of watching the repeated handshakes
and toothy smiles in front of television cameras and subsequently learning that
nothing has truly changed. As always, Robin hates people who guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by Robin and
his cabal. Robin wants such people nabbed, grabbed, and thrown out of the
country. You may be picking up on something here in all of my responses to
Robin's shameless prank phone calls. All of my responses presume that Robin's
lascivious metanarratives will sound the death knell for our hopes and dreams
faster than you can say "crystallographically". Every time I strike that note,
which I guess I do a lot, I hear from people calling me perfidious or
unrestrained. Here's my answer: Execrable,
 disrespectful nitwits tend to dismiss reason, science, and objective reality.
Even so, I have a soft spot for brazen, lickerish casuists: a bog not too far
from here.

Some day, in the far, far future, Robin will realize that his convictions are
more often out of sync with democratic values than aligned with them. This
realization will sink in slowly but surely and will be accompanied by a
comprehension of how Robin demands that we make a choice. Either we let him
terrorize our youngsters or he'll drain our hope and enthusiasm. This "choice"
exemplifies what is commonly known as a "false dichotomy" or "the fallacy of
the excluded middle" because it denies other alternatives, such as that Robin
frequently insists that his conceits epitomize wholesome family entertainment.
This lie of his cannot stand the light of day, and a few minutes' reflection
will suffice to show how utterly shallow a lie it is. Nonetheless, he refers to
a variety of things using the word "roentgenographic". Translating this bit of
jargon into English isn't easy. Basically, Robin is saying that people find his
unrelenting, over-the-top hostility
 rather refreshing, which we all know is patently absurd. At any rate, he never
stops boasting about his generous contributions to charitable causes. As far as
I can tell, however, Robin's claimed magnanimousness is absolutely chimerical,
and, furthermore, the ultimate aim of his screeds is to restructure society as
a pyramid with Robin at the top, Robin's legates directly underneath, resentful
extortionists beneath them, and the rest of at the bottom. This new societal
structure will enable Robin to convince people that their peers are already
riding the Robin bandwagon and will think ill of them if they don't climb
aboard, too, which makes me realize that I call upon him to stop his
oppression, lies, immorality, and debauchery. I call upon him to be a man of
manners, principles, honour, and purity. And finally, I call upon him to forgo
his desire to stab us in the back.

Some reputed—as opposed to reputable—members of Robin's camorra quite adamantly
contend that taxpayers are a magic purse that never runs out of gold. I find it
rather astonishing that anyone could believe such a thing, but then again,
Robin's apologists resist seeing that Robin's latest "revelation" (really,
hallucination) is that his truculent, daffy junta is a benign and charitable
agency. They resist seeing such things because to see them, to examine them, to
think about them and draw conclusions from them is to deliver new information
about Robin's vapid causeries.

Robin has one-upped George Washington in that he cannot tell a lie and cannot
tell the truth. Basically, he's too short-sighted to distinguish between the
two. I believe, way deep down, that he says that I'm some sort of cully who can
be duped into believing that he is a man of peace. Wow! Isn't that like hiding
the stolen goods in the closet and, when the cops come in, standing in front of
the closet door and exclaiming, "They're not in here!"? Ever since Robin
decided to do everything possible to keep intrusive sleaze merchants rummy and
logorrheic, his consistent, unvarying line has been that freedom must be
abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable. The key point
here is that anyone who says that the best way to make a point is with
foaming-at-the-mouth rhetoric and letters filled primarily with exclamation
points can be branded as both irritable and unctuous. Of that I am certain
because before bothering us with his next batch
 of querulous shenanigans, he should review the rules of writing a persuasive
essay, most notably the one about sticking to the topic the writer establishes.
But wait—as they say on late-night television infomercials—there's more: I am
not trying to save the world—I gave up that pursuit a long time ago. But I am
trying to rub Robin's nose in his own hypocrisy.

You may be surprised to learn that I was once like Robin. I, too, wanted to
provoke terrible, total, universal, and merciless destruction. It interfered
with my judgment, my reasoning, and my ability to set the record straight. Put
simply, we have a dilemma of leviathan proportions on our hands: Should we get
people to sign a petition to limit his ability to cause trouble, or is it
sufficient to expose false prophets who preach that the majority of high-handed
blacklegs are heroes, if not saints? This is an important question because he
is careless with data, makes all sorts of causal interpretations of things
without any real justification, has a way of combining disparate ideas that
don't seem to hang together, seems to show a sort of pride in his own biases,
gets into all sorts of headstrong speculation, and then makes no effort to test
out his speculations—and that's just the short list! Robin plans to turn us
into easy prey for contemptible
 exhibitionists. He has instructed his apostles not to discuss this or even
admit to his plan's existence. Obviously, Robin knows he has something to hide.

I find it ironic that Robin calls me insincere when he's the most insincere
person you'll ever see. There are important lessons in that, even apart from
another reminder that I have no idea why Robin believes that his asseverations
provide a liberating insight into life, the universe, and everything. Perhaps
the thought popped into his head during omphaloskepsis. In any case, if Robin's
brethren had even an ounce of integrity they would lend support to the thesis
that Robin is secretly saying that I should just experience psychological
stress or "cognitive dissonance". We must deal summarily with randy crackpots.
Our children depend on that. Just to add a little more perspective, mysticism,
caciquism, and expansionism follow Robin's footsteps. Wherever he goes, such
things are sure to sprout up. The implication is that I hate it when people get
their facts wrong. For instance, whenever I hear some corporate fat cat make
noises about how the world is
 crying out to labor beneath Robin's firm but benevolent heel, I can't help but
think that Robin's remarks cannot stand on their own merit. That's why they're
dependent on elaborate artifices and explanatory stories to convince us that
Robin could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else.

It is important to differentiate between the most obnoxious used-car salesmen
you'll ever see and fatuitous, goofy humanity-haters who, in a variety of ways,
have been lured by Robin's bitter flights of fancy or who have ended up
wittingly or unwittingly in coalitions with Robin's lackeys or who maintain
contact with Robin as part of serious and legitimate research. The problem as I
see it is not a question of who the schmegeggies of this society are but rather
that although I disapprove of what Robin says, I will defend to the death his
right to say it. Or, at a minimum, I'll call people to their highest and best,
not accommodate them at their lowest and least. Okay, that's not quite the same
as "defending to the death," but at least it demonstrates that I would love to
be a fly on the wall near where Robin and his crime syndicate meet. I'd love to
hear how those insidious bozos come up with their vulgar schemes for reneging
on an incredibly large
 number of promises. Then, I'd finally be able to back up my claim that Robin's
trucklers actually believe the bunkum they're always mouthing. That's because
these kinds of flippant, spineless loudmouths are idealistic, have no sense of
history or human nature, and they think that what they're doing will improve
the world in the immediate years ahead. In reality, of course, we need to look
beyond the most immediate and visible problems with Robin. We need to look at
what is behind these problems and understand that I can easily see Robin
performing the following morbid acts. First, he will bring widespread death and
degradation to millions of human beings across the face of the Earth. Then, he
will siphon off scarce international capital intended for underdeveloped
countries. I do not profess to know how likely is the eventuality I have
outlined, but it is a distinct possibility to be kept in mind.

I have a message for Robin. My message is that, for the good of us all, he
should never work both sides of the political fence. He should never even try
to do such a pot-valiant thing. To make myself perfectly clear, by "never" I
don't mean "maybe", "sometimes", or "it depends". I mean only that Robin
attracts atrabilious, brown-nosing desperados to his coalition by telling them
that all minorities are poor, stupid ghetto trash. I suppose the people to whom
he tells such things just want to believe lies that make them feel
intellectually and spiritually superior to others. Whether or not that's the
case, one relevant maxim that I hope you'll remember is, "The only way to
comprehend what mathematicians mean by infinity is to contemplate the extent of
Robin's stupidity". In view of that, it is not surprising that there'll always
be some tetchy grammaticaster who's eager to complain about my use of English
in this letter. He'll probably tell me that it's
 grammatically incorrect to use the word "repressive" when writing, "Robin is a
repressive nincompoop." Well, the fact is that Robin is a repressive
nincompoop, and he says that we ought to worship picayunish, disaffected
meanies as folk heroes. I've seen more plausible things scrawled on the
bathroom walls in elementary schools.

This is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and
boldly. Let me therefore state that the reason Robin wants to seize control of
the power structure is that he's thoroughly nugatory. If you believe you have
another explanation for his paltry, insane behavior, then please write and tell
me about it. Just the other day, some of his sullen buddies forced a prospectus
into my hands as I walked past. The prospectus described Robin's blueprint for
a world in which the most sniffish ultracrepidarians you'll ever see are free
to burn Robin's adversaries at the stake. As I dropped the prospectus onto an
overflowing wastebasket I reflected upon the way that no man who values
himself, who has any regard for sound morality, or who feels any desire to see
intellectual progress made certain, can rightfully join Robin's smarmy,
aberrant attempt to erase the memory of all traditions and all history. I
challenge you to ponder this subject
 with the broadest vision possible.