And what Upanishads would that be?

What "traditional" text are you pointing to as proof of concept?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> As I have pointed out many times in this forum, MMY's exposition on
Yogic Flying -that it comes in stages, including "hopping like a frog"-
is straight out of the upanishads and other traditional texts.

> The fact that you don't want to acknowledge that this really IS how it
is described in traditional circles speaks volumes about how you still
have anger issues.

> Whether or not Yogic Flying, as practiced by TM-Sidhas or by anyone
else for that matter, ever leads to real "floating around the room," is
immaterial: a devout Hindu (or are you going to say that MMY wasn't a
Believer) believed the scriptures of his own religious tradition were
valid.

<fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> > (snipped more great stuff)
> >
> > <Which is pretty funny really, like saying my half-hearted jogging
efforts are merely stage one of running at the speed of light. Any day
now...>

> > Excellent post.
> > The human capacity to believe is a wonder unto itself, Amen!  I
think the core of how this got sold to us is based on a faulty
understanding about what went on in the Vedic past.  We still hear echos
of this on FFL where people quote old texts designed basically as promo
brochures for saints of different religions as if they were factual
statements.  Being in the past it slips through one of our cognitive gap
vulnerabilities. I know that I can't fly and people in my neighborhood
can't, but maybe they can if they live in the Himalayan mountains which
is far away and that might make it more likely.  Or perhaps in the past
it happened because that is removed from my everyday experience and so
that makes it feel as if things like this might be more possible.