> Hi Judy, I've numbered your replies so I can respond to each one.

It's a lot easier if you type your comments in underneath
what you're commenting on, the way I'm doing now with your
post. Having to look back and forth to find corresponding
numbers is a pain in the rear and totally unnecessary.

> In general, it's more than likely that you understand Robin better than I do.
> Also you've been interacting with him longer and are probably more familiar
> with his writing style. I often find his phraseology challenging to me.
>
> 1. In your response #1 below I think by substantially changing the wording,
> you substantially change the tone of both me and Robin.

I didn't change any of Robin's wording. But I think my
rewording of your comment captured the underlying sense of
it quite well.

> 2a.  Before I made the comment about suspending communication, I mention the
> specific theme of my being real vs. my beliefs.

Yes, so what?

> 2b. I didn't decide.  In next sentence I said that perhaps I misunderstood in
> which case I hope we could work things out.

Oh, please. You said you were going to suspend communications.
That was a decision, regardless of whether you left yourself
an out.

> 2c. In our previous long exchanges Robin had several times raised the issue
> of my being real vs. my beliefs.  We had a break in exchanges.  Then he sent
> the Putting On the Ritz flash mob post and I replied positively about it.  I
> loved it.  To which he sent the relevant post which began with the theme of
> my being real vs. my beliefs.  I was unwilling to continue exchanging
> communication with that theme as either a subtext or a context.

No, that isn't what you said, that you were unwilling to
continue with that theme. You said:

"Robin, it sounds like you're saying that you sensed you were
getting the real me and not my beliefs.‚  But OTOH you were
very likely wrong.‚  Given this assessment of me by you, I'd
prefer to suspend communication with you.‚"

The two of you had talked about many other themes besides
your being real vs. your beliefs (including in the very
post you objected to the first paragraph of). But here
you said you were going to suspend communication altogether,
not just communication on that one theme.

Share, you need to take responsibility for what you
actually wrote. You're trying to clean it up and make it
seem as though you said something less petulant and
peevish.

Remember, *you were the one who misunderstood him*. And
your misunderstanding was so far-fetched that it took him
a long time to figure out what it could possibly have
been.

> 2d.  Again, you probably understand Robin and his writing style better than I
> do.

I don't see that you're making much of an effort to
understand what he's telling you. He's left you now three
conciliatory posts in an attempt to restore cordial
relations between you, and you've taken all three of them
as if they were offensive. He's standing on his head to
repair the breach, but you not only aren't contributing to
that effort, you seem determined to sabotage it.

You can declare you're willing to work things out till
you're blue in the face, but if you don't actually make
any effort to do so, it leads one to wonder whether
you're sincere.

If I were Robin, at this point I'd tell you to go do
something impossible to yourself. But he's a much
nicer guy than I am, so I'm sure he won't say that.

> 3.  See 2c above.

See my response to 2C.

> 4.  We've both apologized.

IMHO, he had nothing whatsoever to apologize for. He
did so anyway. And you're most ungraciously throwing
it back in his face.

I guess there's no question we've been seeing the "real
Share" rather than her beliefs in this episode. By me,
it isn't a pretty sight.

  And I don't think I'm beating up on Robin.  If he says that I am, then I'm
willing to work it out with him.  Robin?