Thank you Susan and Laughinggull.  I appreciate it.

________________________________
 From: laughinggull108 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:17 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Is Jesus = to God

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Susan" <wayback71@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn emilymae.reyn@ wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > "I think Yogananda wrote some long translations and commentary of the Gita
> > from a Christian perspective, explaining the similarities between
> > Hinduism/Gita and Christianity, what the terms in the Bible really mean in
> > Hindu terms etc. Yogananda claimed to see Jesus and talk with him. He was
> > devoted to Jesus and saw him as a realized Master."
> >

> > This is completely consistent with my premise that there are many prophets,
> > but only one ultimate "God/Energy/Universe."  Tee Hee.
>
> When in my believing in spirituality mode, I agree with you! Reading
> Yogananda can be very sweet, uplifting, and convincing.

Hello all,
When I was just a teenager fresh out of high school, my first venture into
spirituality other than Yogananda was the purchase of a five-volume set
of books entitled Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East authored by
Baird T. Spalding (ISBN 0-87516-084-0, copyright 1924, 1937, 1964). From the
foreward by Mr. Spalding:
"In presenting The Life and Teaching of the Masters of the Far East I wish to
state that I was one of a research party of eleven persons that visited the Far
East in 1894. During our stay - three and a half years - we contacted the Great
Masters of the Himalayas, who aided us in the translation of the records...They
permitted us to enter into their lives intimately, and we were thus able to see
the actual working of the great Law as demonstrated by them...Personally, at
that time, I thought the world was not ready for this message...This
book...gives the first year's experience of the expedition in relation to the
Masters...The Masters accept that Buddha represents the Way to Enlightenment,
but they clearly set forth that Christ IS Enlightenment, or a state of
consciousness for which we are all seeking - the Christ light of every
individual; therefore, the light of every child that is born into the world."
In addition of many miracles witnessed by the scientists, the Masters were
visited by Christ on many occasions and his teachings were explained in light
of the Eastern traditions of spiritual knowledge. It is fascinating reading and
makes perfect sense.
Well, that's my contribution to this discussion. Thanks for listening.