emptybill:
> Willy claims everything is Buddhist because he feels that way
> he can "one up" the Hindoo-s and thus make himself look
> superior.

Well, not everything is Buddhist, but certainly Buddha is the
first historical yogin in South Asia.

> Trouble is he uses old, half-baked sources `cause he doesn't
> know better.
>
> The foundation of Vastu in Indian architecture is detailed
> in English in Symbolism of the Stupa by Adrian Snodgrass
> which clearly established the roots of the stupa in the
> Vedic fire altar

You got confused again - the 'mandalas' and 'mantras' mention
in Rig Veda are not Yantras and bijas. There are no bijas in
the Rig Veda and there was no edifice architecture in India
before Ashoka.

The oldest example of mandala art in South Asia is the 'swastika'
mandala, which predates the invention of the Iranian fire altar
and the rise of Brahmanism in India. Not everything about India
comes from the Vedas!

"Stupas are an ancient form of mandala."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupa

A thousand years before the arrival of the Aryan-Sanskrit
speaking people, there were indigenous traditions which had
nothing to do with the Vedic people. Yoga and the practices
associated with it are not found in the Vedas - all the
Upanishads came after the historical Buddha.

in fact, The Vedic culture was agrarian in nature and pastoral,
charactrerized by the herding of cattle. They lived in small
villages along rivers such as the Indus, Yamuna, Ganga, and
Saraswati. The Vedics during this time didn't have any temples
or architecture. The oldest example of edifice architecture in
India is the Lomas Rishi Cave in Barabar.

> I talked to Buddha and he "said" that Willy was just a label
> conveniently applied to a mere assembly of flesh, blood and
> pus sitting around punching keys on a keyboard.

Maybe you should talk to a living Buddha. LoL!

> Nothin' but wind whistling around the corner.

Vastu is the worship of the Earth Mother, Sumeru.