--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...>
wrote:

> New name?

Yes.

> Welcome back "Iranitea". Â

Thanks Emily.

I started adopting different screen names, as a tool to have a greater
sense of anonymity. People started to know about me and my associations,
as I had myself told them so. In one way, I wanted to be able to post
things without people making a certain connection - I wanted to be
completely free in what I post.

The other reason is, as you may know that one is easily put into a box
here, you belong either to this or that camp, that used to be pro- or
anti-TM, now I guess the issue has become even more complicated. I more
or less ended up in the pro-TM camp the first years I posted in TM
related forums. Never mind, I wanted to be neutral, not anti- not
completely pro either.

There was also the issue, of getting rid of a certain unwelcome
'embrace' of the pro camp. At a certain point, Emily, there was an
'embrace' by one of the posters I was friendly with for years, a
tendentiousness which, as I felt was imposed on me, which I completely
rejected, with the resultant break-up. That put me automatically in the
opposite camp. I felt I had to free myself from the embrace of the
anaconda.

When I felt it was impossible to get rid of the labeling, I changed my
IDs. Anyway, through travelings, getting more frequent, I had long
breaks.

But there were always people who would recognize me, through my style,
my imperfect English, through sometimes missing keys (w and l) or
whatever, or through my opinions.

Probably we all work through our past here, TM, and the TM movement
happened for me in a long ago past, but these were formative years,
which influenced our thinking, definitely our way of life (still being
completely vegetarian, still meditating regularly every day, not with
the TM mantra though), our believes. I was quite surprised, being now
near Auroville, I met a young guy on the beach (just one afternoon at
the beach Emily), I didn't know where to put my things, there were no
lockets, and I wanted to swim in the ocean. So I approached some white
people, asking if I can put my things there. Some French and an Italian
living in Morocco.

A little later on the street we met up again, and the guy asked what I
was doing spiritually, who my master was. I explained to him. We talked
on a little, he was a Sufi he said. Somehow the word, just the letters
TM fell, and he immediately said, that he could see this, I still have
it all in me, whatever I gained there. Now, I don't do TM since 23
years! Longer than I did it. I wasn't sure if I should be proud or be
shocked!

I just today, incidentally, I saw an email exchange with one of the
posters here in my mailbox, very touching, or exchanges I had here with
for example 'new.morning', all very nice people, but it had to do with
the associations, I don't like to be generally known or be in search
engines.

In India, I was working with an elderly guy, very nice man, who was on
the same 6 month course as Robin, and knew him distantly. I asked him
where the courses were, and he said Park Hotel Weggis, and Biarritz in
France. He also lived in FF is common to other friends I have from
there.

[http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/670aef700d5611e28b4622000a1fc2\
d3_7.jpg]