<snip>
> They perceived my comments as initiating a "dialogue,"
> and more revealing, as if by making them I had issued
> an invitation to them to *argue* with me, in some kind
> of silly quasi-intellectual dick-size contest. This
> is not to be. :-)

Translation: I decided to swing my dick gratuitously at
several people I don't like, and to my discomfiture they
came back with such effective and dismissive putdowns
that my poor dick just about disappeared. I was able to
nurse it back to some semblance of health overnight, but
I simply can't risk actually putting it out there any
more. So from now on I'll just swing it in my own face.