> It was an interesting article that WillyWiener pointed
> out, though. I agree with very few of David Fricke's
> "rankings," but his choice of guitarists is admirable.

Fricke was an editor of Rolling Stone, and a lifelong
guitar fanboy. His original "100 Best Guitarists"
article was written in 2003, and was quite OK in my
view as the one-person point of view it was.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-of-all-time-19691231

But Rolling Stone redid the list in 2011, this time
wisely asking real guitarists to vote. It's a much
better list, including many names that were criminally
left off of Fricke's, and providing more realistic
rankings of many others who were on his list.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/100-greatest-guitarists-20111123