Hmmmmmm - none of you would appreciate the writings of Gopi Krishna

________________________________
 From: salyavin808 <fintlewoodle...@mail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:01 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Cosmic Stuff

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <jedi_spock@...> wrote:

> > > Wow, I just fall asleep!
> >
> ---  "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >
> > When meditating I mean....
> >
> > But after waking up and getting my sceptical hat on
> > this typifies for me what I say about the structure
> > of so-called revealed knowledge through meditation.
> > That it's nothing of the sort, the mind isn't a quantum
> > thing resonating ever deeper and unfolding into
> > some infinite state of oneness with the rest of creation.
> > If it was the enlightened sages would have seen the planets
> > beyond the orbit of saturn. In fact that would have been
> > proof of some sort of extra expansive sensory awareness.
> > But they didn't, so we have a convenient disproof or at
> > least an embarrassing question for Mr Nader to answer..
> >
> > But as it is they tell us nothing we didn't already know.
> > IMO the state of unity is our normal waking state with a
> > few bits rearranged or removed by the parts of the brain
> > that help generate it being temporarily downsized by,
> > maybe, changes in blood flow during meditation. How the
> > TM state afffects our inner world view should be a priority
> > at MUM I think.
> >
> > And this also solves one of Hameroff's mysteries, namely
> > that of the similarity of mystical states reported by religions
> > the world over. Not the accessing of the same quantum super-
> > reality after all. Perhaps.
> >

> Salyavin, research in the past 20 years does indicate that
> the "first person ontology" is not always a reliable and
> accurate indicator of reality.

Kind of the point I was making old chap ;-)

> It has to be corroborated with some objective scientific
> data.
>
> Alteration of mental states and states of consciousness with
> drugs, hallucinations, imaginations, delusions, dreams, none
> of which actually reflect reality.

Reality. Nothing you have *ever* experienced reflects reality,
our brains just give us enough information to get by. We don't
see most of the electromagnetic spectrum, we don't hear most
sounds and what info we do get is filtered unconsciously so
we don't get too confused by everything that's going on around
us.

While I'm on the subject, even in unity consciousness you don't
experience everything as the unconscious (where most thinking and
decision making takes place) is still fully functioning, the idea
we can percieve the finest levels of nature in any state is a seductive bit of
kiddology that helped perpetuate the TM
teaching and kept us in thrall of the big boss and his alleged
ability to be at "one" with some sort of alleged ultimate level,
and stopped anyone questioning him too no doubt. Aren't people
funny!