Xeno, thanks for all this great info.  Yes, I meant antibodies in my original
post.  The thing is, I don't want to take Western meds even for the rare cold
or cough, even over the counter stuff.  But it seems I have a belief in taking
something.  So I use homeopathic tablets and or cough syrup.  I look for the
ones that are alcohol free.  It makes sense to me that my believing in it would
lead to a placebo effect.  I guess I need to start by examining my belief that
I need to take something in the first place.  Maybe I'll eventually become a
Christian Scientist (-:

Here's what this reminds me of in a round about way:  Gangaji who teaches about
non doer, etc. cautions that if one however believes that one is the doer, then
one best do the action that one thinks is right.  Like that, if I believe the
remedies are gonna help, then it's probably best if I take them, given that
they are generally reasonably priced.

This whole business about beliefs is another area where I think the New Age
screwed up in spite of good intentions.  They made it unevolved to have
beliefs.  So then everybody tries not to have beliefs.  Except that most people
do have them.  IMO it's better to simply acknowledge beliefs intelligently and
aim to let them fall away on their own while not over indulging them.

PS  I bet a lot of people have believed in chicken soup.  Then scientists found
ingredients:  one that's anti inflammatory and one that's an amino acid similar
to an ingredient in over the counter cold meds.