--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "emilymae.reyn" <emilymae.reyn@>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > If you are thinking of the past in the present moment, are you living in
> > > the now?
> >
> > YES, I think so and that is what I said the other day in my post about
> > this. You can never not be living in the 'now' except under some extreme
> > situations. I do not think we can really 'escape' the present, the now and
> > all of the demands and conditions that go along with what is presently
> > really hard to escape the now but you have to be pretty tricky to do it.
> > Maybe enlightened guys are capable of this but they are the ones everyone
> > thinks are the masters of living in the now. How ironic.
>
> Everyone lives in the 'now'. But the mind, thinking of the past, or
> anticipating some future event, or avoiding some experience is what is
> *called* 'not living in the now' in the enlightenment game. Living in the now
> in this game means the mind is basically silent, empty, there is just the raw
> experience and the interpretive engine of the mind has stopped.

A nice interpretation. Though in this particular 'enlightenment
gane' there appears to be some hostility to the 'interpretive
engine of the mind'. I wonder why. All This Is That.

>You are just living the experience and not evaluating it intellectually and
>emotionally as it goes on. Still, though you have to step on the car brakes to
>avoid running a pedestrian over, but that is pretty much an instinctive habit
>if you know how to drive.

All drivers who 'know how to drive' think they know how to
drive. But some who 'know how to drive' know how to drive
better than others.

Conscious of this, some choose to evaluate intellectually
and emotionally how they're driving. Just to check if they're
one of the ones who know, or one of the others. Perhaps the
world is a safer place as a result?