> I think its probably because most reputable scientists realize the so called
> science behind the ME effect studies, plus the pseudo science that claims to
> prove the spiffy effect of vastu veda (plus the ill effects of south facing
> entrances) are such nonsense they don't want to bother refuting them.

Magical houses wouldn't get a look in but the ME research isn't taken
seriously because there is no good explanation for why we should
throw out our understanding of physics, neurology, sociology - pretty
much everything really - and replace them with a wishy-washy  and
underexplained theory like consciousness being the unified field.

No one can really say what "collective consciousness" is nor how
"coherence" could affect it and at a distance too! Action at a
distance isn't explained and contradicts how we think the universe
works. And how things that are clearly just human subjective feelings
could be transmitted by the subatomic world is ignored in TM literature, the
Meissner effect doesn't work as it applies to
supercooled magnetic fields and not the human brain in any way.

It's all too vague to warrant lab time especially as the claimed
effects can happen anyway regardless of whether there is a WPA
on. To predict a lessening of war deaths you have to know how many
are going to die anyway. So until world peace happens or someone
levitates I doubt it will be taken seriously.