> Not everybody's cuppa tea (or, given the singer, whiskey),
> but definitely mine. As I said before, I'm a sucker for
> what Gram Parsons used to call "high mountain harmony,"
> two or more voices taking old melodies and soaring into
> the stratosphere with them.

Still on my harmony kick, I'll pass along a different
type of harmony, consisting of "parallel thirds," in
which each melody line can stand on its own as a
separate melody, not just in conjunction with the
other melody. The masters of this were, of course,
the Everly Brothers.

Here are a couple of more modern performers who also
love good harmony -- Jackson Browne and Timothy B.
Schmit (of the Eagles) --  doing their tribute to the
Everlys' style:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDYWCti5yY