--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, khazana108 <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, khazana108 <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robin Carlsen" <maskedzebra@>
> > > wrote:
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > You do? Then you changed your mind rather abruptly, one
> > > might say.
> >
> > Right, the 25-plus years it took him to do it is just the
> > blink of an eye, isn't it, khazana?
>
> What are you talking about? Not even a month ago he defended the existence of
> demons. I am of course referring to what Robin wrote above, and not what you
> imagine he wrote.
> >
> > <snip>
> > > It is actually just a link I share about a subject that is I
> > > think interesting, and could well explain a certain set of
> > > behaviors that can be observed here as well, that of strong
> > > mood-swings for example:
> > >
> > > "Splitting in BPD includes a switch between idealizing and
> > > demonizing others (absolute good or love versus absolute
> > > evil or hate with no middle term)." from Wikipedia.
> >
> > Mood-swings can have many, many different causes.
> >
> > <snip>
> > > People who attempt to bring in mental illness on this forum
> > > are always persons who are using that as a weapon to protect
> > > themselves against the challenge that person or persons poses
> > > to them.
> > >
> > > You may assume so, but may be some people just try to find
> > > out the truth. They don't need to be hostile.
> >
> > The circumstances under which mental illness on this forum
> > are brought up indicates that it is virtually always a
> > function of hostility, not wanting to "find out the truth."
> >
> > <snip>
> > >
> > > Look, I wouldn't mind if it was close by. But I think that
> > > you should have understanding if people who have been hurt
> > > by you in the past, resist meeting you. In this case,
> > > challenging them, or putting any kind of psychological
> > > pressure on them would surely be detrimental to your purpose.
> >
> > He's done neither. It's an invitation, an offer, to anyone
> > who genuinely wants to know whether he has changed.
>
> Yet, he posted it in the form of a challenge, and that is very inappropriate.

What's a guy gotta do to please you, khazana? Robin offered a friendly
invitation to prove he is a normal human being. Why are you are choosing to see
this as a challenge? Can you imagine what it must feel like be in a position
where you need to prove you are good and decent person, now changed from 25
years ago? What else would you have him do? Where's the compassion you spoke
of? Diagnosing Robin with BPD is a heaping pile of inappropriateness on your
part, IMO.