--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, awoelflebater <no_reply@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > Emily,
> >
> > Thanks for the info.  It sounds like the procedures are still being drafted
> > and implemented later.  Once all the rules are set, it might give me an
> > incentive to visit Seattle again.
> >
> > JR
>
> Pot is highly overrated. I figure anyone still smoking dope after the age of
> 16 needs to find a better hobby or a more demanding job or get a pet or
> something. (OK, I'm ready for the piling on.)

Awoe,

It all depends on how you define "overrated".  The state of Washington
estimates that it would earn $550 million dollars from taxes on MJ sales.  That
means the state estimates that a significant amount of the population would be
smoking pot if legalized.

Also, for you information, the state of Washington does not have income taxes.
So, the state is a pioneer or creative in finding sources of income to pay for
government expenses.

Further, if the state is successful in raising taxes this way, other states in
the country could very well follow suit.

JR