> Do you go for the real traditional recipes i.e. - 13 ingredients (for Jesus
> and the 12 Apostles) and made with meat or do you get the modern meatless
> version?

Wow, we talking about different things! I'd better unconfuse
the conversation.

The mince in these mince pies is sweet, made from fruits, so
I guess the "meat" part of it is a bit misleading. Here's a
recipe to try:

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/mincemeat/home-made-christmas-mincemeat.html

That's just the filling, here's what you do with it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mincepies_73207

Serve warm with cream, custard, brandy butter or nothing
at all.

Never heard the 12 ingredients thing before, that's cute.