It sounds mighty good

________________________________
 From: curtisdeltablues <curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2012 10:34 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: 12-12-2012

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@...> wrote:

> A life without mince pies? My heart goes out to you, what
> sort of backwards country you live in.

Since I have been appointed as the resident hick here I can tell you  that when
I was growing up I dated a local girl whose mother made the real thing.  Mince
pies with meat, the old school real deal.  Not this version with too much sweet
and not enough savory.  But the kind of put-up food that got farmers though the
Winter.  I've been toying with making some myself someday.  Have you ever tried
it?  As I remember it she buried the mixture to ferment under the ground before
digging it up and putting it into crusts.  I'll have to do another Internet
search on this I need to add this to my bucket list.  I think the reason I was
hesitant the last time was that if you don't get the temperatures right it
might be the last item you check off your bucket list!