--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <authfriend@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@> wrote:

> > > Unlike you, Ann had no objection to it. In fact, she picked
> > > it up and ran with it. Lighten up, authfriend!
> >
> > It's a sexist metaphor regardless of whether Ann objected
> > to it. She was responding graciously to the compliment and
> > ignoring the sexism. Since the compliment wasn't directed
> > at me, I have no need to be gracious and can call it as I
> > see it, see? Don't be such a pompous ass. You could have
> > said, "Yes, I guess it was, sorry about that!" and have
> > come out smelling like a rose.
>
> I'm not sorry about it at all. I like it. I chose it
> deliberately, with a little bit of a smile. What you are
> doing here is what you do so often -- getting offended on
> behalf of someone who is not the least bit offended.

Let me say it another way: That Ann did not express offense
does NOT mean that the metaphor wasn't sexist, or that sexism
isn't offensive. I wasn't offended on Ann's behalf; she gets
to decide whether she was offended by your sexism. I get to
decide whether I find it offensive, not her, and *certainly*
not you.

Get it now?

You've just told us that you enjoy making sexist remarks.
Now we know something about you we didn't know before.
Everyone is entitled to decide on their own behalf whether
they find that cute, or deplorable.