--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> >
> > Share,
> >
> > I'm tending to think that money and the profit motive were responsible for
> > the completion of this project.  This is very extraordinary in that a
> > communist nation is not supposed to be motivated by such bourgeois
> > incentives.
> >
> > Nonetheless, the support of Nature can come in mysterious ways.  Maybe
> > there is such a thing as cultural or ancestral karma which is responsible
> > for this feat.
> >
> > JR
> >

> What profit? The Chinese are losing money on high speed rail. They can't keep
> up with the cost of operation and maintenance. It's expensive to run so they
> jacked up the fares but people are too poor to ride it. Corrupt bureaucrats
> misappropriated funds and cut corners on cheap materials, which caused
> accidents and environmental concerns. Nature support? Not so much.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_China
>
> Ancestral karma is a bitch when you use forced labor to support your economy
> just so you can look good to the neighbors.
> http://www.oregonlive.com/happy-valley/index.ssf/2012/12/halloween_decorations_carry_ha.html

RD,

Your research is excellent.  But the article shows that someone made money in
the deal, albeit illegally by corrupt officials.  In the end, the ones who
suffer are the people of China who have to put up with their communist
government.

This is the point I'm trying to say.  The communists believe in human labor and
productivity and ignore any spiritual concepts, like the support of Nature in
the lives of people, which ultimately lead to human misery.

But the mere fact that they completed the project shows that something good was
done inspite of the unhappiness that it caused the people.  IMO, there was the
support of Nature at work, even though the Communists don't believe in such an
idea.

JR