> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jyouells2000" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > <snip>
> > >
> > > I've complimented Paul on this as well.  It's clearly
> > > a labor of great love and a terrific resource.
> > >
> > > However, I wonder about the suggestion Paul made on
> > > alt.m.t that Maharishi has deliberately refrained
> > > from making Guru Dev's teaching available to TMers
> > > because MMY is afraid it would make him, MMY, look
> > > bad by comparison.
> > >
> > > I also wonder how much honor it pays to Guru Dev
> > > to use one's professed reverence for the master
> > > as a basis for attacking one of his most devoted
> > > followers, whatever one may think of that follower.
> >
> > Judy,
> >
> >   I don't think that most of us can know for sure if Maharishi was
> > or is one of Guru Dev's most devoted followers. They only knowlege
> > of his relationship with Guru Dev comes from him. For most, that is
> > enough, but is it certain?  We did not know Guru Dev or his
> > teachings directly. We have a few stories from Satyaanand, and Dr.
> > Varma, but that's about it.
>
> I deliberately chose a neutral term--"follower"
> rather than "disciple" or even "student"--so as
> not to get into questions about the nature of
> MMY's relationship with Guru Dev.

Maharishi uses that status as a devoted disciple of Guru Dev (or
student but not follower in the sense that you have qualified it) to
help establish the validity of his teaching for his students.

> One can be a follower of a teacher without ever
> having laid eyes on him; one can be a follower
> of a teacher who has died before one was born,
> for that matter.

sure

> It seems to me MMY's repeated and consistent
> public statements about his devotion to Guru Dev
> by themselves qualify him to be called one of
> Guru Dev's most devoted followers, regardless of
> their actual relationship.

I believe he claims disciple status not follower status

> Unless one wants to claim that his professed
> devotion has been *insincere* all along, but I
> have a lot of trouble seeing that notion as
> anything but absurdly cynical.  That isn't what
> you're suggesting, is it, that we should be
> skeptical of MMY's sincerity in that regard?

I did not say insincere, I said we can't know, because there is only
one source. We don't know how TM came from Guru Dev - was it inspired,
given directly, before Guru Devs passing, after - we just don't know.
Even Maharishi says that he did not realize thru TM, he realized
through his proximity, service and attunement to Guru Dev. Skeptical
of MMY's sincerity? Yes on many things: M. Joytish, M. Satpatya Veda,
Money, Sex, Lies, millionaires courses, Rajas, 3 million dollar peace
Palaces, etc...  I'm interested in truth not belief. I don't like
being lied to. Why do you think that many that were closest to him,
left?

JohnY