I wouldn't give up looking for a job. But do be clever about it.  Take
your qualifications and look for emerging areas where your expertise can
be applied.  If age is an issue market yourself as a consultant not a
job applicant.  It's called "transposition of skills" and something not
taught very well.  IOW, they like to keep you a square peg that can only
fit in square holes.