--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:

> > Yes, I know the world I inhabit.  And you do NOT know it, Turq.  You
> > merely continue to project onto it your own unresolved stuff.  Stuff from
> > decades ago.  Ok, I have unresolved stuff too.  But at least I have the
> > good sense to recognize it and do something about it that I think is
> > benficial.
> >
> > For God's sake, man, get over the TMO already!  It's a new year and all
> > that is ancient history.
>
> He can't get over Maharishi, simply can't. Even more than 40 years since he
> did a stint in the Movement, even "studying" with other teachers and becoming
> a Buddhist cannot erase the memory of the TMO and Maharishi to such a extent
> that he still today, decades after he last saw a video of Maharishi uses the
> majority of his 50 alotted posts here to try to trash the only real Saint he
> was ever within a mile of.
>
> What an everlasting impression Maharishi must have done to this poor soul !

Well, now you know how TM transforms a person's life! You can add it to the
list of movement successes. This is actually a very important observation. Why
do a proportion of people who practice TM end up doing what turquoiseb does?
The organisation seems to studiously avoid follow-up of its programs to find
out how it actually works out with everyone. The only study I have seen that
followed up indicated that only 20% of learners meditated regularly, and a
similar proportion on occasion, and the rest stopped. In my case I did not
stop, but lately, the last two or three years or so, due to the changes in the
quality of my experience, the structure of my meditations has been
spontaneously morphing so that, in the strictest sense of its process, I am not
doing TM that much anymore, but I still meditate.