--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long <sharelong60@> wrote:
> >
> > It was not an official sign by the TMO.  There was no they involved. The
> > sign was put up by an anonymous someone on the bulletin
> > board in the coat room of the women's Dome where other life transitions
> > such as births and
> > weddings and birthdays and anniversaries are announced.  That person was
> > expressing their own opinion about Triguna's death occurring on Jan 1, the
> > day when many are beginning the traditional week of silence.
> >
> > Yes, I know the world I inhabit.  And you do NOT know it, Turq.  You
> > merely continue to project onto it your own unresolved stuff.  Stuff from
> > decades ago.  Ok, I have unresolved stuff too.  But at least I have the
> > good sense to recognize it and do something about it that I think is
> > benficial.
> >
> > For God's sake, man, get over the TMO already!  It's a new year and all
> > that is ancient history.
>
> Now Share, I also made a post commenting on this. What would you say to me
> concerning my negative post? (Assuming you read it, of course.)
>
> Is Turq just an all around bad guy, or is he using FFL to work out issues? Is
> he a crusader against an evil empire, or a lost soul gasping for release?
> Does TM always succeed, and if not, why? Maybe he is just practicing writing
> in his spare time, this is what he does for a living. Because Turq does not
> fess up to issues he may have with his life, that leaves us guessing.
>
> When you cannot figure something out, you become vulnerable to imagination,
> wishful thinking, when you lack discipline (like me), and begin to make up
> all sorts of things about people and why they do what they do, things that
> exist only in the head, in the mind. We interpret events differently when
> people are involved.
>
> If Turq came by and dropped a heavy rock on your foot, you might have a
> different interpretation of the event than if a rock broke free from a
> natural embankment and fell on your foot. Yet both events are events in
> nature; we interpret the event in proximity to a human differently because we
> make the assumption a human is an agent with an intentional stance, that the
> agent is in some way in operational control of how the universe proceeds, is
> an intentional agent. We blame the human.
>
> This is hard to do with a rock falling down a hill. There you have to blame
> God, if that is how you think the universe runs, and people have an aversion
> to crediting God with everything that happens even when that is logically how
> the concept works (omniscience and omnipotence). If you do not believe this
> way, then it just happened that way, and perhaps you say 'damn stupid rock',
> and then go about what is next.
>
> Assuming these two rock events happened, the commonality between them is just
> they both happened, and then certain things follow, namely thinking about why
> [...]

I liked this post Xeno. You seemed to be working things out as you wrote which
is what I do as well. Or maybe you didn't but it seemed that way. I find that
sometimes I think I have an idea of what I am going to write, sit down to write
it and all of a sudden new ideas and 'takes' on what I was addressing emerge
and it fills out or morphs into something else.  Kind of like when I go to make
bread and it turns out to be quiche lorraine instead.