--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn  wrote:

> I could have been projecting my pain on how out of touch he
> was. I find people that are completely out of touch extremely
> painful to observe.

Well put, me too.

I remember when Nixon resigned, my two roommates were anxious
to watch the speech. We hadn't had dinner yet, and we decided
to order in Chinese food. I couldn't bear to see him
humiliating himself, much as I loathed him, so I volunteered
to go pick up the food, figuring the speech would be almost
over by the time I got back.

As I walked into the restaurant, I was horrified to find that
they had set up a TV set for their dinner customers to watch.
It was a tiny place, so I couldn't avoid seeing most of the
speech as I waited for the order.

It was agonizing, just as I had feared.