Frankly I don't think we are really disagreeing on much of anything.

The issue, quite minor, appears to be in one or both parties not fully
seeing the point the other is making. And this can lead to claims that
the counter points are not relevant to the prior point made -- though
relevant in the grand scheme of things. Or one not seeing the
relevance of such. Or any number of other percieved slights on either
side.

I think the catalyst of such petty diversions, on both sides, can be
percieved tone (intended or not) -- and not the points of knowledge
themselves.

I hate it too when discussions devolve to such.

And I assume you are LBS. And we have both been here before. :)

I have actually learned from some of our past discussions and feel
(perhaps falsely) that I am more alert as to not falling into such
diversions. Or at least detouring them by staying on the points of
knowledge. I suspect you have too. Though getting better, neither of
us appear to be at optimal state yet.