--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb  wrote:
>> What difference would that have made?
>
> It would have been Just Another Human Being Making
> Just Another Claim.
>
> Why does anyone believe that they should believe
> someone who claims to be enlightened?

Good Point! The hallmark of enlightenment as it is discussed here, is the
ability to reside within the silence of the Self, regardless of the other
activity taking place. So, the only way to "tune in" to such an enlightenment,
is to permanently uncover the silence within oneself, accomplishing a
sympathetic vibration of sorts with those in a similar state of consciousness.

This Self to Self recognition easily transcends language, and makes irrelevant
what another says, or doesn't say, about their personal enlightenment. So
Maharishi easily recognized that there was nothing to say regarding any
personal claims of his, one way or the other.

Just as he taught the Sidhis as a vehicle for exploring the entire spectrum of
consciousness, his was a message of waking us to our own potential, not some
campaign to start his own cult of personality.