--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@...  wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u  wrote:
> > >
> > > He (MMY) should have been more upfront about his
> > > enlightenment status...
> >
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb  wrote:
> >> What difference would that have made?
> >
> > It would have been Just Another Human Being Making
> > Just Another Claim.
> >
> > Why does anyone believe that they should believe
> > someone who claims to be enlightened?
> >
> Good Point! The hallmark of enlightenment as it is
> discussed here, is the ability to reside within the
> silence of the Self, regardless of the other activity
> taking place.

Sez who?

Seriously. You are making *pronouncements* again,
Jim, based (as far as I can tell) on Things That
Were Told To You By People You Choose To Believe.

What makes those things correct, or "truth?"

It's not that I diss your ability to believe what
you were told. It's just that I don't believe that
you fully understand that you were TOLD it, and
that the only reason you choose to believe it is
that you *choose* to believe that what you were
TOLD is somehow equivalent with "truth."

I have no such illusions.

I consider Maharishi Just Another Guy. I consider
Buddha Just Another Guy. I consider Christ, and
any other spiritual teacher you could name, Just
Another Guy. Unless it was a woman, of course, in
which case she would be Just Another Gal. :-)

I do not cut ANY of these people any special breaks
with regard to "knowing the truth." They were merely
human beings, having human opinions, and stating
them, based on their personal experiences.

As such, their opinions carry no more weight than
my own.

Why do you feel differently?

Do you really feel that some people are more "special"
than others, and that as a result their opinions
carry more "weight" or have more legitimacy than the
opinions of others?

I do not.

I am clearly in the "We're all bozos on this bus" camp.

You seem to be more in the "Some bozos are more 'special'
than others, and that therefore their words carry more
weight than others" camp.

Make a case for your position.