--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray27"  wrote:

> I remember being fascinated watching a documentary on the Rouge Plant,
> described by Wikipedia as the "largest integrated factory in the world".
> They even raised their own sheep which they then sheared for wool for
> upholstery or carpeting.

Pretty interesting. I didn't know about the sheep. When I was a kid I toured
the Ford Rouge Plant and watched them make a car from scratch. All the way from
thick slabs of molten steel to rolls of sheet metal stamped into parts and
finished as a car at the end of the assembly line, ready to drive.

http://blog.cargurus.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ford-rouge-plant.jpg
http://youtu.be/CohboThGO-o

Has anyone Googled their childhood home? I was surprised Google had captured
detailed pictures of every house on my street. Big Brother, anyone? It's quite
a trip down memory lane to see the old neighborhood. In some ways it's the
same, but indeed it has changed: the elementary school on Woodmere is full of
gang graffiti, the neighbors next door hang laundry in the front yard, there's
a burnt out house across the street, Dad's 15 foot CB radio antennae is gone
(he bragged he could talk "skip" to a guy in Alaska), and Mom's garden is gone
except for one patch of perennials in bloom. The fire station on Lawndale
fenced in a parking lot where the firemen played volleyball. My church,
Woodmere Methodist is now a Pentecostal church. The parsonage is gone and they
probably replaced the fabulous old pipe organ with electric guitars, brass
horns, drums and a whole lot of talking in tongues. Geez, don't look back
folks, now will never be as good as then.

Zoom out 2 miles on the Google map and you can see the Rouge River, the Ford
Plant and Zug Island where it flows into the Detroit River.
http://tinyurl.com/abbvagq