I have to agree with willytex here, Rick (as far as the Brits are concerned).
They are responsible for preserving much of the ancient literature
they found when they arrived in India.  For many, no doubt, it was
to study the "inferior culture", but others were very impressed with
Hinduism as a way of thought and belief (C.S. Lewis, for example).

IMO, Willytex should have stopped at correcting you and not gone into
a typical rant, but that's his choice.  He got so excited he began making
numerous typos (spurrious instead of spurious, and underserving instead
of undeserving), and then closed with a profound 8-year old slam -
"You suck!"   Most impressive...     :-)