That was her take on the issue, not mine - the original deal was the story of
Vedaland being pitched to CPs after weeks of rounding and the deceit onthe part
of the PR guy when asked what was Henning doing at that moment (when the PR guy
apparently knew he was dying) - but it brought up for me a multitude of
unethical behavior on the part of TMO - this was for me an anecdote that
removed possibly my last remaining good feeling toward the TMO - I had thought
the one area where they behaved with integrity was safeguarding the
mental/emotional stability if you will of the CPs by having only truly
residence course related material presented to them, thereby showing they
really were most interested in the evolution of the CPs.

Your post here Curtis shows me that I was wrong. The issue also was raised as
to how people who still love the TMO make excuses for their unpalatable
behavior. As far as I can see, the TMO reps have always behaved with a
remarkably consistent unsavory flair and energy - it didn't and doesn't happen
every day at every TM facility in the world, but the behavior is consistent and
pervasive. And that is the most telling fact about TM and its effects. Then
there are those like I used to be that say, "Well, so and so who has been with
M for years and is a raja is an ass, and lots of crappy things happen in the
Movement, but TM is still something I get the good out of."

And since I once made my way through life for years that way, I understand the
point of view. However, if TM had the beneficial effects that are claimed for
it in the intro lectures still today, such points of view would be unnecessary
since the long time meditators would one and all have become exemplary figures
in life and society. This is obviously not the case, therefore one can conclude
that TM does not perform as advertised, does not have the long term effects
claimed for it.

And now one can wonder if the long term effects of misusing and abusing people
that the TMO regularly engage in is an effect of practicing TM within the
confines of the TMO only, or is an effect of TM practice itself.

Having known many long term TMers who are decent people, I would have to say it
cannot be just TM practice itself. But if TM delivered on its advertised
results, the effects should lead to a purity of thought, behavior and action
unparalleled heretofore on earth in the organization that teaches and promotes
it. And that hasn't happened.