________________________________

From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

(snip)

The addition of asanas to "program" on courses didn't do
anything to stop these negative side effects, however, as
anyone who was on the Fiuggi course should remember. The
first 2-3 rows at that course were reserved for "heavy
unstressers," and it was a real zoo. It looked like a
convention of people suffering from epilepsy, Tourettes
Syndrome, or both. Arms jerking and flying around, people
grunting and yelling and moaning -- and all of this *in
activity*, sitting in a lecture hall, not during "program."
In fact, most of these people were told to *stop* rounding
and meditate normally, and *the symptoms did not go away*.
For some of them these tics and jerks and uncontrollable
spasms lasted for months. (Please note that all of this
was the result of plain, vanilla TM, *long* before the
Sidhis and *their* brand of grunting and twitching
appeared upon the scene.)

(snip)

Personally, I believe that the basic laziness of the basic
TM technique is at fault. The techniques of meditation at
these other courses involved more focus. *Not*, as TMers
were often told, "concentrating" on the mantra or other
point of meditational focus, just being aware enough not
to sit there for long periods time -- or for the whole
meditation session -- lost in thoughts and daydreams. MMY
thought this was OK, but most other traditions -- those
based on *real* traditions as opposed to having been made
up, like TM -- say that the lazy, effortless approach
characterized by TM is debilitating, because long-term,
this practice causes people to get "stuck in the astral"
and become spaced out and reclusive and incapable of
being grounded in activity. That's certainly what I saw
on TM courses, but *never* on courses from these other
traditions whose courses I attended.

***BP: Do you mean if I concentrated more I'd stop taking the Lords name in
vain and saying WTF so
much, thank God you cleared that the fuck up; in Calla Millor and Fiuggi, God
(I mean Maharishi)

put me in the back row to help me deal with my feelings of terminal uniqueness;
which, in Fiuggi, in that God
damn big event center, pretty much put me in the next county, which I think was
God's plan in the first place; BTW, I thought all that arm waving at the front
of the auditorium in Fiuggi was just the other acid heads letting me know they
had arrived for the lecture (smiley face).