--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"  wrote:

> Hey, PaliGap, nice to see you here again.
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "PaliGap"  wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend"  wrote:
> (snip>
> > > I remember when I first started to hop, after a couple
> > > days. I had found myself bouncing--involuntarily--without
> > > getting off the foam. After awhile, I let go of something
> > > somehow mentally, and then I immediately began to hop. "Let
> > > 'er rip" describes it, but I don't know whether that's the
> > > same as what you experienced. It's as if I had not been
> > > letting the sutra do its job, rather than that I had
> > > started voluntarily to push myself up off the foam.
> > >
> > > Experience does vary from individual to individual, and
> > > it's impossible to know what it's like for anybody else.
> >
> > I don't think I am a 'TB'. On the other hand the facts is the
> > facts. I find it hard to 'explain away'. Believe me - I've
> > tried (though coward-like I remain agnostic).
>
> Me too. The various theories that have been proposed to
> explain it away, it seems to me, raise as many questions
> as they answer. *Something* unusual is going on
> neurophysiologically.
>
> The only indication I have that it has anything to do with
> levitation, however, is that on a couple of occasions for
> a split-second at the apex of a hop, I've suddenly "known"
> that staying up in the air would be perfectly natural--in
> the same way I know I'm going to come right down again
> on all other occasions.

Just as it did on that occasion.

> But of course that goes away virtually instantaneously.
> You wouldn't be able to capture any in-air hesitation with
> any kind of measuring instrument or camera.

The feeling might go away instantaneously but to an observer
you never shifted from the parabolic curve you started when
you lifted off. So it doesn't really matter how you "feel" when
jumping in the air, all that matters from a is "levitation
possible" viewpoint is whether you stay there or not.

And of *course* a slo-mo camera would capture any mid air
hesitation, if there was any. It's one of the big tells that
MUM hasn't even attempted to prove that yogic flying is anything
other than a strange form of mentally disconnected excercise.
All the money and equipment they have and they never even *tried*
to prove that people are lighter when saying the magic words or
even that they pause at the top of a curve.

How about checking the parabolic curve, easy to test - all you
have to do is measure the amount of force at take-off and the
distance and angle travelled. But I suspect we all know the answer
to these questions. The laws of nature can't be over ridden by
thinking the opposite, great if they could but I think even a
tea-leaf reading maniac like John Hagelin knows we can't just
opt out of the laws of physics.

And before anyone says I don't know what I'm talking about
I did yogic flying for 10 years, including a great many long
WPAs. I never saw anyone break the laws of physics but like
every believer I thought I could, and once had an experience
that made me think I was was wafting up the room like a
feather. That's what it was, an experience that *made me think*
I was wafting up the room like a feather. Really nice (in my
top ten good experiences actually) but easily explainable
in simpler terms than me changing the direction of gravity.

It's like driving a car somewhere and when you arrive you
realise you can't remember the journey. The body is easily
capable of doing familiar routines without conscious input so
your mind can wander off and do other stuff. Couple that with
an altered state of consciousness and the strong expectation
of actual flight and we can believe anything that happens is
more than what it is. Any casual observer will tell you the
truth of it.