--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, anonymousff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > "Hurricane Katrina is George Bush's Monica Lewinsky. The only
> > difference is that tens of thousands of people weren't stranded
in
> > Monica Lewinsky's vagina."
> >
> > --Jon Stewart
>
> what a disgraceful thing to say or even to bring up.

Sorry, I should have provided some more context.  It
wasn't just a throwaway line but the tail end of a
furious rant at Bush:

"Now, for you people who are saying, `Well, stop pointing fingers at
the president...left-wing...the media's being too hard:

"No.  SHUT...UP!  No!  This is inarguably---inarguably---a failure of
leadership from the top of the federal government.

"Remember when Bill Clinton went out with Monica Lewinsky? That was
inarguably a failure of judgment at the top. Democrats had to come
out and risk losing credibility if they did not condemn Bill Clinton
for his behavior. I believe Republicans are in the same position
right now. And I will say this: Hurricane Katrina is George Bush's
Monica Lewinsky. The only difference is that tens of thousands of
people weren't stranded in Monica Lewinsky's vagina."

The point being, of course, that Clinton got in
terrible trouble for a faulure that was microscopic
in its significance compared to Bush's failure in
the Katrina disaster.  Dems had to own up to
Clinton's sins, but the Republicans are *outraged*
at the idea that they should have to own up to Bush's.