Yeah, the trick is not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There are tons
of "teachers" out there, with the credence of infomercial hucksters. There is
some value, IMO, in reflecting back on any spiritual context we are exposed to,
and seeing it for what it is, or simply questioning everything that went on.

After a while, though, it is the individuals, you and me, each of us,
undertaking the spiritual journey, who are the central characters in it. So, if
the objective in questioning a spiritual organization is a means to move
forward in the journey, by all means, go for it.

However, if the purpose of questioning a spiritual organization goes on long
after one has left, perhaps the focus on such an organization, is no longer
moving the person forward. Perhaps what was once a legitimate criticism of a
past association, has now become a fixation, triggered emotionally - a screen
preventing forward momentum on the spiritual journey.