> > > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> MMY
> > is

> in

> > > Benevolent of him, since the failure is his.
> >
> > On the other hand, "we" includes him.  (In fact, one
> > might even read it as the "royal we," referring to
> > himself alone.  He frequently uses "we" to mean
> > himself.)
>
> Mark Twain said it best: "The only people who are
> entitled to refer to themselves as 'we' are kings,
> editors, and people with tapeworms."

He may or may not be "entitled," but the question
here is not whether he's entitled but whether that's
what he's doing, in the context of taking personal
responsibility for the failure he's talking about.

> Then again, Mark didn't know about MPD and delus-
> ional psychosis.
>
> The bottom line for me is that Maharishi has a bad
> case of Lao-tzu Disease.  That's where you get to
> the end of your life as a teacher and find that
> things haven't gone quite as planned and neither
> the students nor the world has benefited from your
> life the way you once hoped they would, and your
> reaction to this is to blame the students and
> blame the world.

Unless you're also--or exclusively--"blaming"
yourself, of course.

It seems to me that what MMY is saying here is
that he thought it could be done, but he was
wrong.

It looks like you want him to say that it
*could* have been done, but he failed to do it.

Is that what you're suggesting?

  Lao-tzu reacted to catching