In a message dated 9/9/05 9:36:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President George W. Bush issued an executive
> order on Thursday allowing federal contractors rebuilding in the
> aftermath of Hurricane Katrina to pay below the prevailing wage.
Prevailing wage where?In certain areas of the country, many jobs are union only, demanding union wages and benefits. This is definitely not, nor has ever been, the case for Louisiana or New Orleans. Allowing contractors to use non union labor will stretch the federal dollar and provide more jobs. Probably will also change the racial make up of the city as well. I can pictures thousands of Mexicans pouring into the city ready to work without complaining about how many bricks per hour they are going to lay. Damn that is unfair! Texas gets New Orleans welfare population and New Orleans get our hard working Mexican immigrants!