I had cataract surgery in one eye a year ago, and it cost about $10,000. I
couldn't figure out why it was so expensive. The surgery takes about 15
minutes, I think. I was in and out the hospital in about 3 hours. I have a
high-deductible insurance policy, so I ended up paying about $5,000m and the
insurance paid the rest. I would like to see a Medicare-for-all system in the
US. It is much more efficient than health care for profit. In surveys I have
seen, people who live in countries that have socialized health care are far
more satisfied with their health care than those who do not.