--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <jchwelch@...> wrote:

> Seventhray stated:
> "I guess you conveniently forgot the point that Share made, that
perhaps they embrace the positive aspects of the technique, and feel
that those positive aspects outweigh the negative parts of the
organization. Sorry if that skews your preconceived notions."

> I don't follow what you are saying by saying I conveniently forgot
that point, which I didn't conveniently forget. I really didn't think
about that point a lot; to me that point is just part of the mix and a
somewhat obvious point...now that I think about it.
> It could also be that Dr. Oz, et al, rationalize the negatives of the
org due to the benefits they receive from the practice. I don't know.

> What preconceived notions do you think I have?

That they were unable to weigh the pros and cons and decide that the
pros outweighed the cons.

Below was your statment.  Nowhere do I see the the above option.  If I'm
missing something, please point it out.

    That said, they may be deluded (fooled or ignorant) or choose

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=477780895608805&set=a.2608163173\
\
> > 05265.74666.187139094672988&type=1
> > > *************
> > >

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Share Long sharelong60@

> > Dr. Oz practices TM doesn't negate MJ's bad experiences with it.Â
> > Just as Fr Keating's Batgap interview does not negate my somewhat
bad
> > experiences with the Catholic Church. But again, I'm not
continuing
> > to speak against Catholicism, etc. Whereas Michael does continue
> > speak against TM, etc. and seems to have quite a charge when he does
> > so. From my own experience with charges, I'd say there's a
deeper
> > issue going on that just what appears on the surface.Â

> > pretty savvy to me, stop being deluded about TMO. This was in
> > addition to saying that Dr. Oz is afraid to disagree with Oprah.Â
> > This latter statement especially indicates to me that there's a
deeper
> > issue present. I've got my issues too so I'm not saying it's a
bad
> > thing. But I give less weight to what someone says if it seems
> > me that there are other deeper issues present. And I realize
when
> > people are overly positive, that too can indicate a deeper issue
> > present. If someone's energy feels off in either direction, then
> > take their opinions with a bigger grain of salt.

> > be so deluded about the efficacy of TM? Maybe they simply choose
> > use what's useful about it and leave the rest.

TM
> > only because he was asked to do so. If indeed that is how it
> > happened. Maybe he approached them. Maybe he had good
> > experiences and liked what the research said, etc. and decided he
wanted
> > to share something valuable with others. I think most people
want
> > to help others. Then it's up to others to figure out whose
opinion
> > can actually be helpful to them.

Dr.
> > Oz's endorsement of TM and the TMO (if he does endorse them) is good
PR
> > for the TMO.

But
> > I'm still with Nationwide; I like my agent and the service.

> > Oprah. Do you know that for a fact? He seems pretty
> > independent to me.

And
> > I don't think TM is superior because anyone said so. I think
it
> > is unique in the effortlessness of it process. My own logic
> > tells me that this effortlessness is what makes it the best
meditation
> > technique that I know of. I am happy with it so don't feel
> > compelled to look for another.

> > or express negative opinions about Christianity, Christian churches
or
> > Jesus Christ. So there is nothing for me to reconcile.ÂÂ
> > can easily believe that a smart, successful and healthy person might
> > practice Christianity.ÂÂ

Michael

> > tout TM who could variously be characterized as Bliss Ninny's and
other
> > such names, I should start TM again because he agrees with them?

> > the German Purusha guys I have read about here on FFL who wear
swastikas
> > under their ties and party when it is Hitler's birthday?

> > six fold, Shary.

> > decide things
> > celebrity who owes his fame to Oprah and is unwilling to disagree
with
> > her.

> > a good thing, I don't hold against

Marshy
> > and TM sales pitches, cuz that is exactly what they have always
been,
> > sales pitches. Therefore I don't hold it against him that he too is
> > deluded about TM.

> > benefit of the experiences of seeing some of the things I have seen
in
> > TM - abusive behavior on the part of TM longtimers especially the
> > popinjay Governors with a little bit of TM authority and the
unstressing
> > phenomenon, particularly that seen on long rounding courses. Were he
> > aware of these things, I trust he would be intelligent enough to
alter
> > his opinion of TM and its pimps.

> > far differently than they treat rank and file meditators, sidhas and
> > Governors who have no money, celebrity or TM authority within the
> > Movement.

> > abuser.
> > authority over, be they meditators or Governors.

> > one hand and regular folks on the other were he to see it, I am sure
his
> > magnificent intelligence would enable him to question the efficacy
of
> > TM.

> > feel refreshed and rested under the right circumstances (i.e. - the
TM
> > meditator generally has to have had a good night's sleep the night
> > before, can't be hung over, kapha, pitta and vata has to be balanced
> > just right, has to sleep in a vastu ved house, had the proper amount
of
> > Amrit Kalash upon arising, had the proper amount of yagyas done that
> > month, but only by a certified Marshy pundit) with all those
parameters
> > being met, one can feel good after TM.

> > the other TM pimps claim. It happens because Pure Awareness is
natural
> > and we connect with it, we are it, every minute of every day. Just
> > settling in and getting quiet or using other mantras or following
the
> > breath will do it. TM people believe TM is superior for one reason -
> > because Marshy said it was. For TM to be superior, there would have
> > be something about the TM mantras that is superior and there is not.
If
> > you believe the TM mantras are superior tell me how? If it isn't
that TM
> > mantras that are superior, then what is it that makes TM superior?

> > of being myself I am not stupid enough to change my life based on
Mehmet
> > Oz's incorrect assumptions and TM delusions that I have already
cured
> > myself of. So there is your answer Share.

guessing
> > that's really what you can't reconcile with all your beliefs about
> > TM. That someone really smart and successful and
knowledgeable
> > about health would choose to practice it.  ÂÂ

I'll
> > elucidate by saying that I don't consider The Donald as
healthy.ÂÂ
> > So again, if you are able, how do you explain that someone like Dr.
Oz,

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/24/magazine/david-lynch-transcendental-me\
\