--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Sharalyn" <homeonthefarm@...> wrote:

> My undergraduate degree is in philosophy but I can't seem to grasp the
> concept of FALSIFIABILITY, and why it is important. Can anyone explain it to
> me in some way different than, say, what Wikipedia has to say about it? (I've
> already read Wikipedia and came out as confused as ever on this topic.)

Sharalyn,

That's a good question.  We could learn from your idea and put them in practice
while making assertions here on this forum.  Often times, many of the
assertions are personal and emotional which cannot be accepted as scientific
truths.  So, here's Wikipedia's definition of falsifiability in science:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falsifiability

JR