I know!! Every time he trots it out, because of his own confusion and
superstition around the idea of enlightenment, he thinks he is being shocking
and confrontational, as if he is asking me about a past cross dressing episode
or something!

He SO wants to be the arbiter of enlightenment, anointing others, only if it
makes sense to >him< - lol. Enlightenment responds by immediately laughing in
his sagging face, pinches his wrinkled cheek, tousles his thinning hair, and
continues on, unperturbed, and undisturbed. Drives him nuts-o, but what's a
Mother to do?? :-)