Who knows how it will turn out for him - Well, I hope.

I recall the first time I worked at a big corporation as a director. Woo-hah.
Turns out I was brought on board to take the fall for a $600K boondoggle
spawned by an executive VP who was fired soon after I joined. An interesting
lesson. I completed the project against strong odds, but was laid off after
three months, first watching those in the chain of command above me get
eliminated one by one.

This is not meant to be any predictor of Barry's future. I hope he succeeds in
spades. Any job I ever took taught me a lot.