On 03/26/2013 02:11 PM, sparaig wrote:
> http://www.amazon.com/In-Himalayan-Nights-Anoop-Chandola/dp/0982998708
>
> "Dehradun City, Himalayas, India 1977: Two bright, beautiful, lesbian
> research assistants accompany their Indian professor to this city near the
> tense borders of China and Nepal to observe the “holy-war� dance of the
> Mahabharata and its link to polygamy and local heroes (or villains?). The
> girls begin to question the holiness of the Bhagavad Gita’s two polygamist
> avatars while watching the dance, even as they fall in love with India and
> their friendly hosts. While gathering data on women’s rights violations,
> caste discrimination, and animal cruelty, they discover more about their own
> culture, their relationship and themselves. When their hosts uncover the
> women’s secret love-life, they turn against them and the research team's
> existence is threatened. Will the Indian "holy-war" become a personal one
> between locals and outsiders, men against women, polygamists against
> lesbians, Indians against Americans? The answer lies in the Himalayan
> nights..."
>
> The professor discusses Maharishi and the Shankaracharya of Jyotirmath with
> fellow Indians at one point.
>

> Anoop Chondola is a an anthropologist and linguist specializing in Indian
> studies. He learned to meditate from the Shankaracharya of Jyotirmath who was
> the direct successor of Gurudev. His family has close ties to the
> organization of scholars and religious leaders who chose Gurudev to be the
> Shankaracharya, so he has an interesting perspective on things.

Lawson, what character set are you using on the Mac? You and I suspect
other Mac users display what are often extended characters on other
machines that what they probably saw on their screen. Example:
“holy-war�

I think that Vag once said it was an incorrect character set that was
causing the problem.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: