I don't know the history of the Blue Ridge Assembly, other than it is Billy
Graham territory...or was at one time.

I had one one-on-one interaction with Ruth Graham at Montreat. (claim to fame,
ha) She came and spoke with a small group of us college girls. Montreat was
Presbyterian (maybe it still is). I went there because of its Charismatic
connections. Oh well.

I realize you may not want to share on here where abouts you live, but it you
do, I'd be interested. I grew up in Hickory. Moved away for 6ish years after I
joined The Way, and then moved back in 83 to help care for my dad after he was
in a car wreck. Dad had a head-on collision up around West Jefferson (I think
it was...or maybe Newland). He suffered a C-4 sever spinal cord injury. He
lived 13 more years after that and he lived well in spite of his injury.

I laugh now thinking about one Dad story. Since you know the area you might
appreciate it. Get this...he drove from Hickory to Lenoir in his "surrey." He
drove on old Hwy. 321-A. My mom followed him in the van. She was a nervous
wreck; Dad had a blast. ;D I wrote a snippet about that here:
http://tossandripple.blogspot.com/2010/01/quadriplegia.html

*********